Friday, October 31, 2008

A Good Day

I had a very good birthday. Jerry wants me to be sure and write that I took the day off from cooking!!! First thing we had to do, even before we went to our friends for breakfast, was go to the hospital for Jerry to have some blood work done. It had to be done before he ate anything...we didn't even have coffee! I hope we didn't over stay at breakfast...it was just so relaxing. We didn't eat any lunch, we were still full from breakfast! Then we went to Applebee's, a little after four, for an early supper. Jerry had steak, he said it was very good. I had shrimp, it was very good too. We also had very good onion rings. (I love onion rings) Because it was my birthday I was sung to, by the waitresses and waiters, and got a free hot fudge sundae, which Jerry and I shared.

For his gift to me, Jerry got me a wireless router for my computer! Yeah! Andrew, I need you!!! Well, that's okay, we have someone else lined up to do the work... I was also given a hydrangea plant, very pretty; and a gift card to Applesbee's...so we'll be going back...! I received 10 birthday cards! One card, from my sister, is a musical card, so fun! I got five e-mail messages and a phone call, all the way from Malaysia! So, all in all, I feel loved. Thank you, everyone.
Lord, thank You for all the different seasons of life. Even though this one was the toughest one to enter, I am trusting You to lead me, guide me, watch over me, keep me healthy, etc. You have promised to be with us to the end and You always keep Your promises. I Praise You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a happy birthday and a
good life! I'm anxious to meet your
new grandchildren and to see your "old" ones again. The meter running toward your anniversary is clever, but, Anita, you just HAD a special day in which you got presents and a lot of messages. Now, you want us to remember another one? I'm getting too old to do so much remembering. Love you. Your older sister, Lorraine

Anonymous said...

You deserve a day off from cooking. I'm glad you had a special and fun birthday! I love onion rings too. :)

You will love having wireless internet! Its amazing to be able to move around and still use the internet.