Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good morning


Yesterday I picked up pine cones in our yard for kindling. I kept wishing Maddie was here to help me. She would have helped, I know. She'll be two years old soon. This picture of her was taken last June when they were here to visit. If I was a crafty person I would probably make something creative with the pinecones but I'm not. They need to be picked up though so Jerry can run the mower/leaf picker upper. Just look how thick the leaves are!

Jerry and I both got up at 6:00 AM this morning! No reason, we just both woke up so we got up. I wish that would happened back when he was working and we had kids in school, etc.

Jerry and I are reading another book together. We just started it yesterday so we've only read the introduction, but it was so interesting I can hardly wait to read the first chapter this morning. The book is Ten Fingers For God by Dorothy Clark Wilson. Again, it's an old book. It's been on my book shelf for years, I've read it before, and I remember it being a very good book. I picked it out because it's the life story of Dr. Paul Brand. He wrote the last book we read with Philip Yancey: Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. We've been told we should read The Shack, and we will but I have to buy it first.
Lord, thank You for this day. Please continue giving Jerry strength. Thank You for touching him.

2 comments:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

The Shack....what a great book! I would urge you to remember that it IS a fictional work, but it is sooo good! Some of it you will think "what in the world!!!", but it challenges us to think outside the box of what we perceive God to be. A definite MUST read in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lot of leaves in your backyard. You have a forest in your yard. No wonder you see some many neat animals around your house.