Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A New Day

The sun is shining brightly. In the night, Jerry says it rained...I didn't hear it. Temps are going to fall today. The leaves are falling like crazy! The back yard looked so good yesterday after Jerry mowed and picked up the leaves...this morning the back yard is completely covered with leaves! Jerry is going on some errands this morning! He's feeling better and stronger, but still moves slowly.

Last night on PBS I watched An American Experience. They are doing a series on Presidents. Last night was the story of Richard Nixon. I learned a lot... things I didn't know before. Then one of my favorite movies came on, on a different channel, and I actually turned it off! An Affair to Remember. It was late and I was sleepy...I have it on DVD...I can watch it any time I want to!

I was asked again about the newsletter I mention in some of my blogs. I've written about it before but here is an explanation. Prime Time News is a newsletter I write for the senior folks at our church. I love writing it, and with the help of my brother, it's a newsletter I'm now proud of. It's mainly interesting only to folks in our church, or folks who used to live here, because I cover news happening here among us. It's bi-weekly, I started out printing 20...I now print 60 and send 23 by e-mail! I give all the credit to the Lord and I thank Him for this privilege. He has blessed me!

Lord, thank You for touching Jerry. It's so good to have him up and doing things. Just, please, don't let him overdo. Thank You for this means of communication: blogging. Thank You for technology.

3 comments:

carole said...

I have got one of the newsletters through internet and it was turned sideways.. is there any way it could come through right side up? Just wondering or is that how you have to send it?? I could always lay down and read it... Thanks..

Anonymous said...

The sun is finally shining in Charleston too. I'll have to look up and watch "An Affair To Remember". I think my mom told me that it was a good movie too.

You must have so much fun working on your church's newsletter. I know the news wouldn't apply to me, but I would love to read it. Your newsletter has a large reading audience! I'm sure everyone appreciates you writing it.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll be happy with the 29 gallon tank for a good long time. Plus, there isn't any room in the apartment for the fifty five gallon tank. :)