Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! I have quite a few of you now! I'll admit I'm a little confused...is today Thanksgiving Day or is tomorrow? My calendar says tomorrow but I'm reading happy thanksgiving greetings today. Will someone please clear up my confusion?! I can't believe the snow you're getting! Well, maybe I can...I'll never forget the year we were in Saskatchuwan for Thanksgiving. We were out at Arlington Beach for a BIG Thanksgiving Day celebration. Singers had come from Regina and traveled through a huge snow storm. I have great pictures of that time. It was several years ago.

Lord, on this Thanksgiving Day I'm especially thankful for my Canadian friends. Bless them with Your Presence. Protect them in this snow storm.

3 comments:

Kate said...

It is actually tomorrow but many people have their dinner on the Sunday...so travellers can make the journey home on Monday which is a holiday. We had a lovely dinner and it is now 9:40 pm and still snowing. We probably have 6 - 8 inches now...the roads are icy and slushy....hope springs eternal that this won't last ...that we will still have Indian Summer...I know that isn't the best term anymore but it is such a beautiful time of year!! Blessings

Shauna Archer said...

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you, too! We had a good feast last night with friends while a teacher covered the dorm for us. No turkey but a great big, juicy ham. Love to you and Dad - hope he gets feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that there was a Canadian Thanksgiving day. I guess you learn something new everyday.