Thursday, October 02, 2008

Wednesday evenings

Every Wednesday evening we go to a Bible study class taught by Pastor Dave. He's an incredible and humble Bible teacher. This series started in Sept. We're actually doing a count down to Christmas! So we started with the ascention...the resurrection...the crucifixion...the Lord's supper... ... ... Even though we know this so well, having heard it all our lives, we leave each week in awe. For instance the evening of the crucifixion Pastor Dave simply read the story from the different gospels in cronological order. There was a hush over the audience. Last night we had communion. Again a very humbling evening as we reflected on our lives, then went forward to partake of the bread, which was cut in small pieces and we dipped it into a bowl of wine (grapejuice). The presence of the Holy Spirit was real.

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are my Father, You are Love...You gave Your Son for me... Forgive me for taking You for granted. Thank You for Jesus. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for dying for me. Help me to live in obedience to You. Help me to be a good wife, mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad my comment helped you categorize your recipes. I was hoping I would be able to give the right directions to do the job.

My ankle is feeling so much better. Andrew and I are both really happy that you enjoy reading about what's going on with us. :) I try to make the posts personal, like we are talking in person. Glad you like that!

Andrew and I really like reading about what's going on with you too! I love looking at your nature pictures of the birds, flowers, and other animals that live by you.