Monday, October 13, 2008

Follow Up

Okay, I've had some comments on Jerry working today so I guess I'd better follow-up on it. When Jerry went out to cut off the log, I went out too so I was with him and then afterward I put stain on the cut off log. When he was on the tractor I went out again and helped him dump the leaf bags. So again I was with him. When we came in, I read Richard's comment and Jerry said that was exactly right. He needed to do the work, even just to know he still could. So maybe that will help him get all better now, I don't know. The back yard does look good now, I have to admit. You may be wondering why I didn't do the work for him. Well, I've never run the chain saw, I'm sure I couldn't. I've never driven the tractor either. I'm sure I could but he just always does it. Maybe some day I'll try, I don't know.

Lord, thank you for being with Jerry today. Please continue to strengthen him. Forgive me for being so angry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that doing a little work does make him feel better. I couldn't run a chainsaw or tractor either. The yard must look great after all that work! I don't know how big your yard is, but it sounds bigger than my parent's yard back in Illinois. :)

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I just read your costume suggestion. We bust out laughing because that's exactly what Andrew said in the car on Saturday. We might just have to do that now! :)

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

I am finally catching up from the weekend. It was good to see you, even for the brief second that it was. I am sure praying that Jerry is getting better. Please give him a squeeze and love from us.

Kate said...

I know how difficult this can be...Dad tries to do things as well...because he needs to feel useful...and after 87 years of always being able to fix this and that and build and on and on...it is tough when you really can't...lots of times I just do damage control....after the fact...but Dad feels better because he has helped....I understand where you are coming from