Monday, October 13, 2008

Frustrations

Monday is, maybe, a day for frustrations, I don't know. I've been trying to put music to my blog and I've got the music but I can't get it on my blog! Some of my friends have it on their blogs so what am I doing wrong? Or what am I not doing? I'm not one to give up so I'll keep trying...

Jerry really frustrated me today. Here he's been sick, very sick, for over a week, 11 days to be exact. Today is a beautiful day so what does he do? Does he go out and sit on the porch swing or in a lawn chair? No...he goes out to the pole barn, gets his chain saw and cuts a log on our house that seems to be rotting! Just walking exhausts him!!! Now he's out sawing off a log!!! He stopped to rest twice before he finished...!!! It's one that stuck out beyond the eaves so rain water poured on it every time it rained and so it was rotting. Our log man wanted to cut it off when we built the house but Jerry said, "No, leave it." Now he wishes he'd let him cut it off. And now I'm so mad he really wishes he'd let him!!! I know he's tired of just sitting and seeing work to be done before cold weather hits.
Now he just got up from his nap and he wants to go out and on the tractor to pick up a few leaves! He won't do it all...yeah right. Well, whatever...

Lord, you know all about when I get frustrated. Please help me to be understanding. Please help Jerry to be patient and not overdo. Give him strength.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calm down, Anita. Jerry may be sick in body but there is more to us than just our bodies. It is possible that he NEEDED to do something useful and constructive after laying around like an invalid for over a week. The psyche needs to be healthy as well as the body. Of course he shouldn't carry it too far, but he may have needed that activity for his mental health. Give the poor guy a break. bro

Anonymous said...

I don't know how to put music on blogs. I'm sure you'll be able to get it soon.

I'm sorry Andrew's grandpa is still so sick. Maybe you could try getting him to sit down and read one of his favorite books or watch a movie. That might keep him from trying to do work around the house. I know it can be frustrating to try get someone to rest when they're sick (Andrew always wants to work when he's sick). I hope your Monday gets better!

ruth said...

Thanks for being real Anita:)...I love you.
Ruth

carole said...

Hi.. I don't know how to get the music either.. My son did it for me and then Sue Husted called and said she can't get it either so.. I called my son and he called Sue and spent 1/2 hour or so with her on the phone and now I see that she has music... Maybe you can ask Sue what he said or let me know and I'll try to help you.. Carole