Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sophistication!

Boy, we're getting sophisticated here in our woods! We recently had a Charter bundle installed: cable TV, unlimited long distance, and high-speed Internet! Now we'll very soon have city water! They're working down the road from us...so they're coming! And now today...a new garbage can was dropped off. No more garbage bags...we have to use these cans or our garbage won't be picked up! These are the kind that are picked up by an arm attached to the truck so no human hands will touch the can except Jerry's and mine!

Lord, thank You for progress. Help us to be able to keep up. You know how much I appreciate cable TV (basic); being able to call family without paying extra; and high-speed Internet is a blessing! I've been waiting for city water for years, thank You, Lord. This is truly a blessing. The garbage can I suppose is progress. Thank You, Heavenly Father, help us to not take these blessings for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't high speed internet great! I still remember having dial up in middle school and thought that it was fast. Once I got to Western I was introduced to high speed internet. Now we have it at home too. So much better than dial up. :)

Shauna Archer said...

You will love city water I'm sure! Things just keep getting better and better at your little cabin in the woods :)