Friday, October 03, 2008

This & That

I just watched Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? An astronaut just flunked out! He was going for the $1,000,000 question and he missed it! How sad. And no, I'm not smarter than a fifth grader!

I watched America's Got Talent! My favorite won the $1,000,000! Neal, I forget his last name but he's an opera singer. He is so good, he deserved to win and he did! I haven't seen it on the news so I guess it's not a popular show. I wonder if any of you watched it?! The last five runners up were all good, in fact, the last ten were all good, but Neal was the best. A little girl, only four years old made it to the final ten! She was the sweetest little girl. One of the judges asked her if she was born in New York. She answered, "No, I was born in America!" Another judge asked her how long she's been singing. She answered, "Since I was born!"

Well, I did some more log cleaning today. I'll get it all done eventually. We have company coming this weekend and so the guest room is totally clean: we painted the walls and ceiling last spring; the windows I've washed with vinegar water...curtains are washed...screens cleaned...logs - I murphy oiled today...bed's all made up with clean sheets...closet's sorted and cleaned out (that's major)... I'll run the vaccuum cleaner in the morning and that's it. Makes me feel good! Oh yes, our company coming are Pam & Gene, Ted, Sydney, and Isabella! With Rob & Jessica, and Haleigh, too, it should be a good weekend! Jerry didn't feel too good today but I think he'll perk up when everyone comes.

Lord, thank You for family. Thank You for times when we can all get together. Please touch Jerry so he'll feel better in the morning. Please help his medicine to take hold. I praise You because You are our Healer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew and I like watching "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" too. He's pretty good at getting the questions right. I'm usually not smarter than a 5th grader either. :) Have fun with everyone this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just read your comment about my thesis project. It means so much to me that you are proud of me! My parents have always encouraged me to pursue my dreams and I love them for that (along with many other reasons too). I'm excited to have you as a future grandma! :)

Kate said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Anonymous said...

Neal Boyd was my favorite too. Vel's favorite was the Queen. I voted five times for Neal and Five times for Queen. I have heard that as many as 70 million people have watched this show. The media does not pay any attention to this show. In my opinion the media has an arragant bias and do not stoop to reconize an average person having great talent except when it suits there agenda.