Sunday, October 12, 2008

Church

This morning I attended two churches! At 9:30 I was at the church that is sending a medical team to Haiti. Rob, Jessica, Tyler, and Haleigh are joining that team and will be going down next Saturday Oct. 18 through 25. There was a special send off prayer for the team, of which the pastor is also a member. 21 team members stood on the platform as a young man from Haiti prayed and the congregation lifted their arms, reaching toward the team, in agreement with the prayer for safety, for much to be accomplished, for God's presence to be felt.

Then at 11:00 I was at my own church for our service. Pastor Dave brought a very good message on HOPE. The hope we have in Jesus.

Thank You, Heavenly Father, for the Presence of the Holy Spirit in both churches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice Sunday morning. I hope they have a safe trip to Haiti. I actually got to meet them in Chicago around Christmas time a few years ago. I was volunteering at the Shedd Aquarium and they came to visit me. I showed them around the aquarium and helped them back to the train station to Andrew's house. We had lots of fun! :)