Saturday, October 11, 2008

Saturday morning

The sun is shining again today. It's a beautiful day! I actually slept in this morning! I seldom do. I woke up about 8:00! I'm usually up by 6 or 7, sometimes earlier! I did go to bed quite late...Driving Miss Daisy came on so of course I watched that and then Murder She Wrote came on. Why do they have to put good shows on so late? For some reason we couldn't get channel 8 which is the station for Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? Jerry went to bed very early again. He actually felt better yesterday then he does today.

I was just relaxing this morning after breakfast, not dressed yet, when someone knocked on the door! Oh, dear. There stood a nice looking, nicely dressed teenage boy, about 14. I opened the door a crack and said, "You caught me at a bad time." He said he was sorry and then held out a booklet. I recognized it immediately, The Watchtower. He said they were going around to all our neighbors giving these booklets out. I said okay and took it. He left, and I then checked out the bedroom window to see what car had brought him. It was a van with other folks in it. He's probably in training. They usually come to the door in two's. Now, you may be wondering why I didn't say, no, thank you. Well, I immediately threw it in the trash, and said to Jerry, "That's one less they have to give to someone else." I feel bad because if I had dressed, I would have said something like this, "I'll be praying for you, because you're being badly misled. You see, Jesus Christ lives in me. He is a living reality within me! He's not just a prophet, He's the Son of God." This is what I have said to many of them in the past. One woman keeps coming back, I invite her in and I listen to what she says and then I tell her what I believe. I don't argue with her and I pray for her. I hope she keeps coming back because she senses there is something real here that she's not getting.

I just had a nice long visit with Lorraine. We were going to get to be together with our mom, we both feel bad now. She's still going and she'll call from my mom's place so we can have a visit with the three of us.

A friend is coming over here about 3:00 so I need to get some things done.

Lord, I thank You for the personal relationship I have with you. It means so much to me. Help others to see You in my life. I love You. Please reveal Yourself to the young boy who came here this morning. Help him to seek the Truth and to find You. Please be with Lorraine as she travels to Colorado. Help her to have a really good time with Mother. Help me to be able to go out soon. Thank You for touching Jerry. Please help him to get his strength back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Saturday was nicer than ours. I wish I could say 8am was sleeping in for me....

I've only seen small parts of "Driving Miss Daisy", but I hear its a good movie. The good shows are usually on late. I've never understood that either.

That's good that you don't argue with the people that come in the van. I would be scared by a strange van full of people coming to my door.