Monday, October 06, 2008

More this and that

This is a quiet day with Jerry mainly resting/sleeping. I've done a few quiet jobs trying not to disturb him. I've talked on the phone to my older brother and sister but in the sun room where I can close the door. I've done some reflecting in the quietness so thought I'd write a little about it.

Fun with my granddaughter's? Yesterday two rode with me to the birthday party, as we drove by the cemetery I asked if they'd like to drive by the grave of Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa. (We were early for the party.) They said sure but not very enthusiastically. When they saw the name they perked right up and were glad to see it. I drove slowly through the cemetery and pointed out some interesting sites, like the tall grave stone shaped like a tree with broken branches. Below the 'tree' are log shaped tomb stones. Fascinating. Then they pointed out some tombs that had lambs, angels, etc., I explained that this was the children's section. We stopped so they could get out and walk for a closer look. It was kind of a lesson to them that sometimes life ends no matter what our age. Then we drove by the soldier's section. We left in kind of a somber mood and arrived at the party right on time. It was fun meeting up with everyone and it only took a second to become happy and joyful again.

Jerry and I got our new passports last week. His arrived before mine so I was a little worried. Now we're ready to go to Malaysia! We've got our passports, our tickets, we're on our way!!!

While Pam was here she programed our remotes...oh my goodness...we get lots of channels! We were both so surprised!

I listened to my brother on his radio program last evening. He lives in Colorado but I can listen to him on my computer! That is...now I can listen now that I have high-speed Internet!

I called the doctor's office this morning, the nurse I talked to told me to do everything I'm already doing so we just have to wait it out and hope I don't get it.

Well, enough chit chat for now.

Lord, You know all things. Please touch Jerry. Thank You for family. Thank You for all of our blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Andrew's grandpa Archer feels better soon! I bet you're taking very good care of him. The birthday party was just the thing to cheer you all up after the cemetery trip. :) Cemeteries do have a lot of interesting history in them and unique grave stones.

That's exciting that you got your passports for Malaysia! You must be so excited to go.

So did you postpone your trip to Colorado? I hope you have a safe drive when you go out there.

Well, I better get back to studying for my exam today. The exam is at 5:30pm then afterwards I can post on the blog. :)

ruth said...

Hi Anita,
Sorry to hear about Jerry not feeling well. Hope you stay healthy. I enjoyed looking through all of your pictures on your blog, and congratulations on your award:).
Love,
Ruth