Monday, October 06, 2008

Change of plans!

I'm writing this at 6:30 AM. Already this day is not going the way I had planned...sometimes this happens. We just had a big weekend with family and extended family. This morning we were leaving on a trip to Colorado to visit my mom; my two brothers and sisters-in-law; my sister was also going to Colorado from Oregon; my niece and her family; and some friends. Thankfully we were driving so we don't have plane tickets to cancel or change. Jerry is very sick and can't seem to get over whatever he has. He started feeling bad on Friday, so he spent the weekend upstairs. Our kids were coming to help surprise Betty at her birthday party. Oh, I hope they don't get this. Me, either...
Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are our Healer. You are In Control, You are Sovereign. Forgive me for doubting You. Lord, help my unbelief. Thank you for Your Abiding Presence. Please touch Jerry. All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.

1 comment:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

I was sorry to miss you at John and Linda's gathering, but even more sorry to hear that Jerry is sick. Please give him a squeeze from me and let him know that I am keeping him in my prayers. Blessings on you as you care for your sweet husband.