Sunday, December 21, 2008

What a morning!

Today, the first day of winter, is a frigid day! The wind is blowing snow and it's bitter cold out. But that's not the worst of it. This morning just as we were finishing singing a hymn before the pastor started his sermon there was a commotion in the next section of pews over from ours. It seemed someone was sick. Sure enough...Joan was being taken out! Pastor took a moment to pray for whatever was happening (he really didn't know). I heard a siren, and as always, whenever I hear a siren, I pray for the person needing help and for the family of the person. The siren stopped and it occurred to me that it could be an ambulance for Joan! I turned and looked back through the door...sure enough there sat a fire truck and an ambulance! 911 had been called. Jerry suggested I go out and see what was happening with our friend, Joan. Paramedic's were working over her. It seems her blood sugar was off...way off. I don't really understand about sugar, all I know is she was very, very weak, and pale. They took her to the hospital and we're waiting for a report. As they loaded her into the ambulance those of us left in the foyer formed a circle to pray for her and for Penn. Our former ass. pastor Gene led us in prayer. We never know do we?
Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are our Healer. Thank You for Joan and for our friendship. Please touch her body. Help the doctors to know how to treat her and to get her blood sugar adjusted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that was a lot of excitement for the Sunday before Christmas. I am glad to know she has been released. You were a good friend to go out and check on her.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope Joan is doing better now. My grandpa needs to be careful with his blood sugar as well.