Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22, 2008


Today my dad would have turned 99 years of age! Now, that wasn't an impossibility...his sister, Bessie, lived to be 102 and his uncle, Alvie, lived to be 101! My dad died just four days before his 96th birthday. This picture is of my dad and his sister, Eva. Dad was the youngest of seven children. He loved chocolate covered cherries. Every year someone gave him a box of them, sometimes he got more than one box. Some years he got them for his birthday, some years for Christmas. He always acted so surprised and happy!

Lord, once again I thank You for my dad and for the wonderful memories I have. I also thank You for my Christian heritage he left me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love hearing about your family history. I wish I knew more about my family's history. He looks so cute in the picture.

I like the chocolate covered cherries story. :)