Thursday, December 04, 2008

Today

This was kind of a slow day. I went to see my mom before lunch but didn't stay to eat today. I don't know how often I should stay for a meal. Then this afternoon I went back for several hours. We had a good visit. Everyone is so friendly at this home. She asked me to pray for God to take her home soon. It was a hard thing to do but I finally agreed. At 94 1/2 she's ready to go. Tomorrow Pam and Christy arrive! Here's an interesting tidbit...she prays for every meal out loud. The other folks wait for her and they've all told me that she prays for them before they eat. It seems to mean a lot to them and it makes her feel good, like she's doing something good.
Lord, thank You for Mother. Thank You for this home and for the residents and for the workers. Thank You for the boldness she had when she first went there to pray out loud in front of all the others. It's good to know their reaction and their respect for her. Lord, I ask that You honor her request to take her home soon. I love You, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to grandma for us and give her hugs and kisses. It is neat to see God useing her at 94. She is a great exsample for me. I hope you girls have a good time together.

Tim