Sunday, December 07, 2008

Lisa's Pets

Lisa loves animals, birds, nature. It's a good thing because she is a forest ranger in a state park near where they live! Lisa, Doug, and Justin have two parrots. I don't remember what kind they are. I'll find out and then edit this...

This is Duchess and Duke. Quite a pair.

Lisa and the parrot they recently had given to them. This parrot had been abused and he has lost all his feathers on his body! His head is beautiful, as you can see. He's gotten a few new feathers replacing ones he has lost. Lisa said they don't expect him to get all of them back. He'll probably just get fuzz covering his body. It's so sad. He was mean to Doug and Justin, probably because it was a man who had abused him, but he's getting over that as he's getting to know them! He says some words. (I forget what) He really trusts Lisa because she loves him.


Duke...I posted pictures of Duke and Dutchess last April when we were out there, you may recall them. He's a beautiful Great Dane.


Vel with Dutchess and Duke.
Thank You, Lord, for these pets. Lisa's family gets a great deal of pleasure from them.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Lisa and I would have a lot to talk about. That's so neat that she's a forest ranger! What a fun job! I absolutely love birds and used to have parakeets when I was a kid.

I looked up some pictures online and I think the parrot at the top is a Lovebird. Its so pretty! I love her dogs too. I hope she helps the abused parrot trust humans again. I'm so glad the parrot is in a loving home now.