Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

We had a good Christmas, lonely but good. Jerry gave me a new large crock pot (my old one gave up working) and a beautiful purple robe. I gave him a couple shirts, one white, one flannel; and a weather station. That's a fancy name for an indoor/outdoor thermometer. It's the kind that sits on a table beside him and show the temp. both inside and outside, also the humidity, and the time. It's a rather complicated thing and we can't seem to get the correct time on the clock. The temperatures seem right. Oh well.
Rob and Jessica and Haleigh came over so we exchanged gifts with them and then had lunch together. That was fun. Ted, Sydney, and Isabella are coming today so we still have a gift exchange to go.
We talked on the phone to all our kids, which was very nice. Actually we talked to Tim, Shauna, Annie, and Kaleb a couple days earlier because they were going to Indonesia over Christmas. I called my mom and had a nice visit with her. But I actually had to cut it short because we had trouble hearing each other.
Lord, thank You for Christmas. Thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus. Thank You for my family. What a beautiful time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our Christmas was quiet as well. It is different from all the hustle and bustle when the boys were small.