Monday, December 15, 2008

Brrrrrrr!

Brrrrrr! Is it cold outside! This morning it was 40 degrees and this afternoon it went down to 15 degrees! It was also very windy all day but now this evening the wind has died down, thank goodness.
We went out for breakfast this morning to Omelet's and More. Three couples met: Penn & Joan, Dave & Naomi, and Jerry & me. It was so fun. We just relaxed and drank coffee, and ate and drank coffee, and talked, and drank coffee, and told stories, and drank coffee, etc. By the way, the coffee was free!
The men are working again on the city water going past us. This morning they hooked us up at the road. That'll be another $125.00. This is a very expensive venture. We still have to be hooked up at the house and a meter added. Don't forget the meter! From here on out we'll have to pay a water bill! They also have to flush out all the lines.
Today I worked on the newsletter most of the day. It'll soon be ready. When I say I worked on the newsletter it means I mainly sat all day...not good.
Jerry took me to Bob Evans for supper tonight. We both had beef tips and noodles. Very good. So we ate out twice today! Whoa!
Lord, thank You for friends, and good times. Please help us on these cold, cold days to be warm.

2 comments:

Kate said...

WOW!! I think I come for a visit..your thermometer on your blog says it is only -11 celsius...it is -46 here right now or so the weather network just announced...we have a bad wind chill...doesn't really matter either when you had nice weather and then it turns so brutually cold quickly. Today I wore my grandmother's Hudson Seal coat...it is really old and starting to look that way but it is still warm and cozy!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some pretty cold temperatures. The temperatures in Chicagoland have been quite cold! Today when I woke up it was 8 degrees outside! I miss the temperatures in the seventies from Charleston.

We're expecting a huge snow storm tonight and into tomorrow morning. Andrew and I are so glad our flight got in just fine on Wednesday.