Friday, December 26, 2008

A Special Gift




Once in a while something really special happens to us. We've all had it happen before, and I just had it happen to me Wednesday evening after the Christmas Eve service...
I think I should back up here and tell you how I've made lots of new friends ever since I started writing Prime Time News. I get hugs and thanks from folks I would consider only acquaintances but apparently, I think because of the newsletter, I have become their friend! The newsletter goes to everyone 50 years and over.
One of these folks, Sherry, came to me, put her arm around me and said: "I prayed and asked God if I could give Anita a Christmas gift and He said, Yes! So here you are!" She held out a small brightly wrapped box to me. I was so surprised I hardly knew what to say! She told me to open it after I got home. Well, I opened it as soon as we got in our car. I love it! It's a small Hummel figurine - a child holding a scroll in one hand and a pencil in the other hand. A writer! Is it because I write the newsletter? I don't know but I love it. Another serendipity!
The newsletter belongs to God. He has given me the task of writing it and I do it with His help.
Lord, I thank You for the privelege of writing Prime Time News. Help me to always depend on You for guidence. I give You all the credit for the good it seems to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely treat for you. That little figure will fit right in with all your other treasures.