Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This and That!

We're gotten word that Rob, Matt, Jon, and two ladies have arrived in Haiti. But that's all I know so far. It looks like maybe Jessica tried to reach me this evening on the computer but I was gone to a meeting so I missed it.

I was at a missions committee meeting this evening. It was one of the most profittable meetings I've been to in a while. I think we accomplished much. You'll hear about things happening in the near and far future.

We had a lonely turkey wonder through our yard this week! They're really messy but it's still fun to watch them.

Today we bought paint for the guest room! A very light green. I also bought a comforter, sheets, pillow cases, shams and a mattress pad for the new bed which we haven't bought yet! I'll paint the room tomorrow and hopefully Friday we can buy the bed. It's going to look like a whole new room! I'm quite excited about it.

Sydney called today to order her birthday cake for this weekend...a horse! I asked if it could be just a horse's head. She said no, a full horse, a white horse! White cake and white frosting. I told her I'm not an artist but I'll do the best I can. I hope all my friends out in blogger's world will pray for me!!! That's a big assignment!

Well, I guess that's enough chatting for this evening. Lord, thank you for being with us in the every day things of life. I love You and I want my life to tell of You.

4 comments:

Kate said...

You are just the best blogger...I love our conversations...even though they are one sided...I am not so good at blogging...maybe I am just listening...but I love it.

Anita said...

Kathy, when you comment, that makes it a conversation and I love it. Thanks for taking time to comment.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the cake - I have great confidence in your abilities. I'm sure it will be the most beautiful horse cake ever.

Anita said...

Thanks, Pondering something! It'll be an interesting horse cake but only because it's probably the only horse cake ever!