Saturday, May 31, 2008

Filling In!

I just received a comment asking some questions that I assumed everyone knew the answers to! However, if you have noticed I now have a hit counter and I'm averaging about 30 hits a day. I don't know who all is reading so maybe others have questions also. So let me answer them: How many family members are coming and when? June 13 is the arrival day for some. That weekend everyone will be here. Tim & Shauna, Annie, & Kaleb are coming from Malaysia via Canada and will be here for two weeks; Pam & Gene, (we hope Matthew & Andrew) from Chicago & S. Carolina; Ted, Sydney & Isabella from Holland, MI.; Christy & Sean, Max, Megan, Miller, Mason, & Maddie from Atlanta, Georgia; Rob & Jessica, Tyler & Haleigh from next door! There you have it! The next weekend most are coming back, however, the ones from Atlanta will have to leave about Tuesday or Wednesday. It's going to be a great family time. I'll take lots of pictures and will post what I can. It's been two years since we've all been together so you can imagine the excitment of anticipation and what a great time we'll have.

I'm edtor of Prime Time News, a bi-weekly newsletter for the seniors, age 50+, in our church. I have a front page feature called Getting To Know You. I interview folks and then write up their story. People seem to like that feature, and the entire newsletter. I love writing it and consider it a ministry given to me by the Lord. When I started it last September I had no idea what I was doing. My older brother has been writing a newsletter for 10 years, and I didn't even know it! He's been a big help to me the last month or so, giving me ideas and corrections. It's now a paper I can be proud of! I print out 50 copies to be handed out, and I send about 18-20 by e-mail. It keeps me busy and out of trouble! Jerry is my biggest critic and fan!

So there you have it...

Lord, thank you for family. Thank you for times when we can all get together. Please help everyone to arrive safely. Thank you for the privelege of writing Prime Time News. Thank you for the help Richard has given me.

3 comments:

carole said...

Thanks for the info.. Now I understand ... Sounds like you will be having a GREAT time with your family. I am happy for you. Take LOTS of pictures and blog. Carole

Kate said...

I am so excited for you and excited to see the kids when they arrive here next Sunday...I will be at the airport. Also keeping you and especially Jerry in my prayers..and will be thinking of you on the 4th. I took some great photos of sunrise at Whitebear earlier today...will post them on my blog later.

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what your brother taught you about the paper but I think it has been very good from the first one. I think you do an excellent job and it is very interesting.
wk