Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Making Bags




We've been helping with the bag making project for a few weeks now. It's a project for raising money for the adoption of Elmise and Armon, two darling siblings from Haiti. It's a project that really caught on, folks are buying bags left and right! Even Jerry has gotten into the act! I took this picture yesterday. He's made over 130 wooden buttons! Picture #1 shows Jerry cutting the round buttons on the drill press. Notice he's sitting down! Picture #2 he's drilling two holes in each button, sitting down again! Picture #3 he's sanding each button. He stands up for this! I've done some sewing but now my sewing machine is acting up. It might just need a good cleaning job. Lord, thank You for the privelege of helping out with this project. Thank You for giving Jerry strength and ingenuity for making these unique buttons. Please help me to get my sewing machine back on track so I can continue sewing. I've got bags waiting to be sewn together. Thank You for Elmise and Armon, and for Rob & Jessica, Tyler & Haleigh being willing and eager to adopt them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Dad out in his workshop again! I can't wait to see/get my bag.

Anonymous said...

How about a picture of a couple of the finished buttons?
wk