Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jerry

This has been an interesting week. Jerry is still not doing anything strenuous. He seems to know his limits. He did mow our back yard this week instead of having Rob. He said to me that he thought he could do it since he would just be sitting on the tractor. I was afraid the jiggling and vibration would be bad. He promised me he'd quit if he felt the least bit bad. So I stayed in the yard with him while he mowed. He gets very, very tired at the least little effort. That evening he said to me, "You'll never know how much good it did for me to mow the grass!" I guess it made him feel like he was worth something! He wasn't helpless. So I'm glad I didn't insist that he leave it for Rob. Then last evening we went to the concert about an hour away and didn't get home til after 11:00. It was tiring for him but we both enjoyed it so much. Sometimes it's just good to get away and do something enjoyable. Tomorrow morning, first thing, he has his carotid arteries checked to see if they're clogged. I praise You, Heavenly Father, because You are our Healer. Thank You for giving us such a calmness about Jerry and this problem. We praise You because You are Sovereign and In Control. I love You, Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that the concert at the Hills? Was it good? and fun to see all the dedicated disciples?

Anita said...

Yes, it was the concert at the Hills. It was very good. Afterwards we had a light lunch in the dining hall with mainly Midland people. Doyle & Margaret joined us and the Royalaires! So it was a good evening.