Friday, May 09, 2008

Reading

Jerry and I are reading a book together...I'm reading, he's listening. When we were on our trip to Colorado we heard, on the radio, an interview with an author about his most recent book. Gordon MacDonald has written the book, Who Stole My Church? As we listened to him talk about the church today and where it has come from, we totally identified. I wanted to buy the book right away but were never at the right place at the right time! I finally bought the book this week so we can read it. We've only read the Preface and the Introduction so far but it's a book written about our church! I can hardly wait til tomorrow to read chapter one! If your church is undergoing change and you are fifty and above then this is a good book for you also to read. If you do read it, let me know what your thoughts and comments are... Thank you, Lord, for men like Gordon MacDonald who can see and write so clearly that we are able to identify with what he's written. Thank You for Jerry and me hearing his interview on the radio so we could buy and read the book. I praise You because You are All Understanding.

No comments: