Monday, November 17, 2008

A Big Day

Yesterday was a very big day for us. We went to first service. It was the day of our senior luncheon and since no one signed up to host Jerry and I took charge... So it was simply a soup/salad luncheon. It was still a lot of work. Our good friends, Rose and Larry, helped us out, we appreciated them so much. It turned out very good. 47 people were there. We had five different kinds of soup: two different Potato, Bean, Cabbage, Beef & Vegetable, and Taco. There were all kinds of salads and desserts. It was a very relaxing time, so much so that folks stayed and stayed...
We had Sydney and Haleigh with us but they kept each other busy. Ted and Bella came home after church, I had left soup mugs of taco soup for them. They left to go home about 4:00.
At 6:00 the folks in our small group all arrived at once! Only one was missing...John went up north hunting. We had a good discussion of the sermons from last Sunday and today. They all left about 7:45 so they'd be home in time to watch Extreme Makeover. It was about a family who had adopted five Haitian boys and three inner city boys. It was very good, I'm so glad I got to watch it. I hope you did too!
Heavenly Father, thank You for yesterday; for the good service first thing, then for giving us such good food and fellowship; for our time with Ted, Sydney, and Bella; and for our small group and our good meaningful discussions. Thank You for giving us strength to make it through the day. I love You, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your luncheon sounds like a great success! This is the perfect time of year for a soup/salad lunch. Its getting cold here in Charleston (low 40s) and I bet its even colder by you guys.

Have you had any snow yet? I keep watching the weather channel and I see snow moving around up north.

I'll try to blog later this afternoon. I have so much to blog about, but school comes first. :)