Thursday, November 20, 2008

Surprise!

I got a surprise yesterday! It made my day. I rested most of the day after being so sick. After lunch the phone rang...
I need to back up here to tell you I have purchased tickets to go to see my mom in Colorado on Dec. 1 through 6. I'll be staying with my brother and sister-in-law, Bill and Vel. Yesterday, not even knowing I'd been sick, my younger daughter, Christy, called to tell me that she and my older daughter, Pam, have also purchased tickets to Colorado to visit Grandma! Their time coincides with mine, although I'll have a few days with Mother before they arrive, which is very good of them. They are renting a car and are staying with my niece, their cousin, Lisa. They made all these arrangements before calling to tell me! I wish, more than ever, that Jerry was going with me. At the same time, I'm very grateful that he is sending me off with his best wishes.
Thank You, Lord, for daughter's. Thank You for love which gives us the desire to visit with our mom's and grandma's. Thank You for my mom. One of these days she'll be leaving us to go to live with You. What a glorious day that will be for her! Thank You for giving her a clear mind so even in her old age she can know us and visit with us. Please give us safety traveling, and a good meaningful time with Mother.

3 comments:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

That is awesome! This will be a treasured trip, for sure! Take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are so excited!

Anonymous said...

Pam just told us about the trip last night. You must be so excited! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip out to Colorado. Please take pictures!