Sunday, November 23, 2008

Children's Bell Choir

We have the sweetest kids bell choir. They played for us this morning and did such a good job! I think I have the pictures in backwards. The lighter picture, with Pastor Eric in the back, is right after they got up to the front. Ms Emma is the gray blur in the middle lower. She's trying to get them lined up just right. The second picture is of the kids ringing their bells to It Is Well With My Soul. They really did good. I guess you can tell I'm rather proud of them and we don't even have any grandchildren in this choir. We have in the past but they have a way of growing up, you know how it it.
The music and bells are color coordinated. Can you see the different colors? Ms Emma has cards with colored bells. When the kids see their particular color come up they ring their bell. They have to watch her closely to get it right. It's good discipline! They did very well. Although I had to laugh at the little boy in the top picture on the right. He's looking to the side. He looked behind himself most of the time and just kept ringing his bell the whole time! But he was so cute. This pictures only part of the group.
Lord, what a wonderful sound of children ringing their bells in praise to You. They felt so special and they were special. Thank You, Lord, for the joy of children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're so cute! My sister and I used to ring bells for our church when we were kids. When we got older we moved on to the puppet club. :)

I can see the different bell colors. That's really neat! I bet it was funny to watch the little boy ring the bell the whole time. We had a kid like that in our group too and it was fun!

Amy said...

What memories those pictures bring...a few years ago, I was one of the little kids lined up in the front of the church!