Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Annie! My first granddaughter! Although I love my grandsons very much, you were very welcome! I'll never forget the time we were at your house at Arlington Beach and your mom was decorating for a special occasion. She had a display of antique furniture set out and a picture of me at about one year old. When folks saw the picture they were heard to say, "How did Shauna get an old fashioned picture of Annie?!" I was pleased as punch! And just a couple of weeks ago I was showing a picture of myself at age seven to Bella and she said, "Oh, you look like Annie!" I don't know your reaction to this but it pleases me! But, don't worry, I don't think you look like me now, this was when you and I were children, many, many years apart. It's amazing how quickly the years go by. Here you are a teenager, on the other side of the world. I miss you so much but as long as I know you are well and happy, and your family is where you are supposed to be, then I'm happy. And, don't forget we're coming to see you! I know your family had a wonderful birthday celebration for you already because you're a day ahead of us. I don't know yet what you did, but knowing your mom, I know it was fun and good! Happy, happy birthday, Annie! I love you and God loves you even more!
Dear Lord, thank You for Annie. She's a wonderful granddaughter with so much potential. I know that You have a special plan just for her. Please keep Your Hand upon her. Teenagers have so much pressure on them these days. Help her to always live for You. Work out the plan that you have for her life. I love her so much and You love her even more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Grandma,
Thanks for the happy birthday post!! It really makes me feel specail when i live so far away!
I can't wait for you and grandpa to come (with Aunt Pam & Uncle Jean) at the end of the year!! We'll have so much fun showing you guys all the fun things to do around here... And if you were wondering i don't really feel any older at this moment but i am sick so maybe in a few days or so!! Love ya lots,
Annie
PS - Say "HI" to Grandpa for me!!!

Anonymous said...

Annie is a really nice girl. I hope she had a great birthday! I still remember meeting her when she and Uncle Tim visited Andrew's family in Chicago. We played Scrabble in the basement with Andrew and Matthew. It was a great time!