Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lately...

We woke up to the ground covered with snow. Actually it snowed most the day yesterday so when I woke up this morning I thought we'd have more than we did. It's okay, I'm sure we'll get enough later.

Our pastor's have been putting up banners in their sermons for us to live by. They are really good...

  • THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN...
  • SEEK GOD AND LIVE...
  • WE ARE ALL CREATED IN GOD'S IMAGE...BUT WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT...
  • WE CANNOT HELP SPEAKING ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE SEEN AND HEARD... Acts 4:20
  • YES, LORD...

We went to visit Jerry's sister today. She's doing well for 80. Afterward we stopped at Meijer's for a few groceries I need for Thanksgiving dinner, like apples for pie, etc. Then Jerry surprised me by going to Applebee's for supper! We didn't go to Logan's yesterday like we usually do. Getting sick last week has put a damper on our eating there.

I'm trying to get ready for Thanksgiving, going to Colorado to see my mom, write the next newsletter so I get it out on time (going away for a week causes a problem). So much to do...

Thank You, Lord, for good health. Thank You for our pastor's and for the way they keep us challenged. Help me to keep focused on You with the business of my days.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I just love reading your blog...I always feel my spirit soar...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow the first snow! I can't wait to see snow when we go back to Chicago in a few weeks.

Sounds like you're just as busy as Andrew and I are. It'll be nice to get a break once Thanksgiving is over.