Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Tree

For 49 years we've bought a live Christmas tree. In years past we bought the tallest one we could find! We've always had high ceilings so we could use a tall tree. The last few years we've gone to buying smaller trees and putting them on a table. (It has to do with age!) Christmas trees have always been very important to me from the time I was a child. Well, guess what...we are now the proud owners of an artificial Christmas tree! During the summer Rob & Jessica had a sale to raise money toward their adoption of two Haitian children. Someone donated an artificial Christmas tree! I bought it! It's seven and a half feet tall. It has fiber-optic lights that twinkle and change color as they twinkle! There are red, blue, green, and white or yellow. It's very pretty. Ted and Jerry put it up today and this evening I put some of my angels on it. Now days I only decorate the tree with angels, except for one little home made sheep made by our former pastor's wife, Martha. She'd be really surprised if she knew it still hung on our tree after all these years! I'll take a picture of the tree when I get the rest of my angels on it. I hope you'll like it. We do.
Lord, thank You for helping me to buy this last summer. It's so much less work than the real trees we've bought for years and years. Help us to remember that the Christmas tree represents life. I praise You because You are Life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your artificial Christmas tree sounds so pretty! I can't wait to see a picture of it. We've always had artificial trees when I was growing up.

The prelit trees make life so much easier. Our artificial tree down here is prelit too, but it doesn't tinkle. :)