Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday

Monday we went to Logan's Road House for supper like we do most weeks. We always order the same thing: steak for Jerry and salmon for me, so we both decided to order something different. Jerry had pork chop, baked potato, salad, and I ordered meat loaf, vegetable skewer, and salad. The meat loaf was piled high with mushrooms. I like mushrooms so it was okay...until early morning. I suddenly became very, very sick. So yesterday was a very bad day for me. We had company coming for supper which we had to cancel. I also had a meeting last evening that I didn't get to. It really messed up my week. Today I'm better except that I'm still feeling weak. I've got to bake pumpkin pies this afternoon. One has to go to Club 56 for this evening. The 5th/6th graders are having their own Thanksgiving Dinner tonight and I was asked to bake a pumpkin pie for them. I'll do anything for Club 56!!! So I must get busy soon whether I feel like it or not.
I know today is Wordless Wednesday but Jerry didn't take a picture of me yesterday in the bathroom! Aren't you glad!!!

Lord, I Praise You because You are our Healer. Thank you for touching me and helping me to get over whatever it was. Help me now to get my strength back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you let the restaurant know of the problem - for your sake and for theirs. Also, they owe you a premium meal, at least. Sometimes you are not very assertive, but in this case I hope you will step up and holler! bro

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Thanks for your commitment to these impressionable kids. Your time with them is invaluable. I still wish Andrew could have been a part of that. Even if we moved back now, it would be too late....by about 3 years! (I still can't believe he is in high school!)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got sick from the food. I know what that's like and its not pleasant. I bet Club 56 loved your pumpkin pie! :)