Monday, June 16, 2008

Tea Party!

Picture #1 is Annie. #2 l-r Bella, Haleigh, Maddie, Grandma, Sydney, Annie, & Megan. #3 only shows Bella, myself, and Sydney. #4 Sydney, Annie, Megan, Bella, and Haleigh.





Picture #5 is Sydney, Annie, Megan, Bella & Haleigh. #6 is Bella, Haleigh, Maddie, & Grandma. #7 is Maddie! Her cup isn't bone china but it's a very special tiny cup and saucer.


Today was a special day for my six granddaughters and me. I’ve been planning a tea party for them for several months. I was a little worried that they wouldn’t be interested in drinking tea with Grandma. But they were so good and so excited. They got all made up and dressed up! While they were getting ready I was getting the dining room ready. A lace table clothe and Bone China! Nothing but the best for my granddaughters! When they came down stairs they picked out the cup and saucer each one wanted. I know I took a chance here but I decided if one ever got broken I would rather have it broken making good use of it and what better use than for my granddaughters! I made apple cinnamon spice tea in a pretty tea pot. It smelled so good! They put sugar and creamer in theirs with little tiny souvenir spoons from Brazil. I had tried to decide what to bake, but girls are so fussy about what they eat; then I tried to decide what to buy; I finally decided to go with what I know they like and what I had on hand. What would you guess? Twinkie’s and Hoho’s! I cut them into thirds and put them on a fancy plate. We called them crumpets! After we enjoyed our tea and crumpets I read the book You Are Special by Max Lucado. They listened so well and then we talked about what it means and how special each of them is. Then I read a second book to them Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney. It’s a delightful book about a girl whose grandfather had challenged her to do something to make the world more beautiful. Christy and Shauna took pictures of us. It was a very special time and I think they’ll always remember it. I know I will. Heavenly Father, today was a special day for Annie, Megan, Haleigh, Sydney, Isabella, and Maddie. Thank you for each one of them. Help them to remember they are very special to me, and especially to You their Maker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if only every little girl could have such a loving, devoted gramma! (Little boys too!) You are not only creating wonderful memories, but also a legacy that will live on through future generations. Bless You!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tea party! You did an excellent job and I am sure all the girls enjoyed it. It is a memory they will treasure.