Friday, June 27, 2008

Restaurant

This morning I felt like I was running a restaurant! Even though I get up early I'm a very slow mover in the morning. First I have coffee and then breakfast is a slow awakening time for me. This morning it was a tough! Sydney is learning how to make soft boiled egg on toast so I had to be patient and guide her. Bella just wanted fruit loops. Yeah!!! I can do that! Haleigh wanted scrambled eggs and toast with jelly. Jerry wanted to try soft boiled egg on toast for the first time so I made them for both of us, plus bacon for him. Juice for everyone. As I finally sat down to eat my egg I announced: the restaurant is closed!!! God is great. God is good. Let us thank Him for our food. By His Hand we all are fed. Give us, Lord, our daily bread. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you brought back some memories! Soft-boiled eggs on toast was common breakfast fare in my home when I was growing up. My mom has been gone 26 years next month. She died before we ever had the chance to have an adult relationship (I was 19) and do things like exchange recipes or helpful hints. Can you tell me how long to boil the eggs so they are soft-boiled? I'd love to make this for the boys and reminisce a little! -- Laura

Kate said...

I am like Laura...WOW!! we used to have soft boiled eggs all the time...not me...I don't really like eggs but everyone else did and my Dad still loves a soft boiled egg on toast and you are so right 4 minutes on the egg timer!! Reminicsing is fun!!