Saturday, June 07, 2008

Book

Who Stole My Church? by Gordon MacDonald. Jerry and I have finished reading this most excellent book. In fact, we finished it the day before he went into the hospital. I just haven't taken time to write about it. I can't recommend it highly enough! From start to finish he held our attention and even brought us to tears on occasion. Lord, give us even more tolerance and understanding to the changes in the church. Thank you for changing us, in some ways before we read this book, in some ways as we read, and in more ways since we've finished reading. Thank you for Gordon MacDonald and his obedience to You in writing such a book. We're so grateful we heard the interview on the radio and then accepted the challange to buy and read it. Help others to want to read this and see how You are moving in today's church.

1 comment:

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Anita,
I have seen you grow in your tolerance of the changes. I love hearing your heart here on this blog. Thank you for your transparency. It has been a blessing and encouragement to me to know that you think it all through rather than just say yes or no to what is happening.

I know that as a younger person(guess I can't say "young person" anymore), I will have to learn the very thing you are with the changes that all the young people will make when I am older. I will always value the input I have learned here from you.

I would like to pick up a copy of the book for myself. As a pastor, I want to make sure that I am sensitive to the needs of our saints in the church. It would be good for me to hear the heart of the struggles you all face.

Now that I am done with classes, I can read a book because I WANT to and not because I have to meet a requirement! Thanks for the idea!

Blessings!