Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sami

I was a Kid's Hope U.S.A. mentor was 5 or 6 years, a few years ago. My student was
Sami. She was my only student and when she ended 5th grade she asked if I was going to mentor a new student. Then she asked me not to. She was being very possessive and wanted to know I wouldn't be having fun with someone else! Sami and I had our up's and down's. We had mostly up's. We had lots of fun together. A few times she came over for the night. She always brought one of her sisters with her. I'm telling you all this because I want to show you what a closeness we shared. She's a teenager now and I had pretty much lost touch with her. Now I'm asking if you'll help me pray for Sami. I heard this morning that she has run away and no one has heard anything from her in eight months! Oh, my heart goes out to her. She's from a very large family, you know the kind: his kids, her kids, their kids. I know her dad tries but without the Lord, well...

Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are Omnipresent. You know where Sami is, I don't and her family doesn't. Forgive me for losing touch with her. Thank You for the years of friendship we had when she was just a girl. Please be with her right now. Help her to remember the times we talked about God and the times we prayed together before she went to sleep when we had sleepovers. Most of all reveal Yourself to her and help her to respond to You. I love You, Lord, and I am so thankful I have You to trust in. Lord, I place Sami in Your Care. Please watch over her.

No comments: