Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday


Here it is Monday. Is this week going to go as fast as last week?
We have an apple tree close to our deck in back that's covered with sour apples. Jerry brought a few in so I could take a picture of them. Something or someone got into the tree and ate a lot of apples or should I say ate lots of half apples! We don't think it was deer, they would eat the whole apple. I'm guessing a raccoon. I can see them being wasteful and eating just half, throwing it down and picking another one, then repeating the process.
I called Bill and wished him a happy birthday. I had a nice visit with both Bill and Vel.
Yesterday we had a nice phone visit with Tim, all the way from Malaysia!
Are we getting old or what?! Last evening Joan called and was surprised when I answered, she said she was just going to leave a message for us but then I answered. Where did she think we'd be? Where we intended to be but forgot!!! The Community Hymn Sing! I can't believe we forgot it. I even put it in the newsletter! We had gone for a ride in the afternoon in the MG and stopped at Betty's (Jerry's sister) to visit. Then we came home, went for ride with Tyler and Rob in Tyler's first car! Neither one of us thought of the hymn sing. I was so disappointed, I had even requested a solo by a beautiful singer and she was scheduled to sing! I'd better change the subject...I'm getting upset with myself again.
Jerry and I went for a walk this morning. We've got to get in shape for our trip to Malaysia next year! Lord, I praise You because You are In Control. Help us as we age. We're not really old yet. Keep us well and close to You.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you missed it. There were a lot of people there and it was one of the best I've attended. Next one is in November!!!
wk

Anonymous said...

So Tyler has a car - how exciting for him! Post a picture for us - you could post Kaleb's car too.