Friday, August 22, 2008

Reading

Jerry and I have finished reading Backyard Dwellers by David Kessler. It's an excellent book, we got much good from it. We're now reading Fearfully and Wonderfully Made by Dr. Paul Brand & Philip Yancey. We've just barely gotten into it and I don't know how far we'll go. I've had the book since 1988, Ted gave it to me for Christmas. So I've read it before although I'm not sure I completely finished it. I think it gets quite deep and that's why I'm not sure we'll read the whole book. The chapters are broken into sections so that helps. We can only digest so much at a time. Today we read just the first section of the first chapter. It's very interesting, talking about the teeny, tiny amoeba and how it lives it's life. It's exciting to read how God created life. In the beginning God created...Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life... Genesis 1:1; John 1:3 & 4a

No comments: