Thursday, August 07, 2008

Here and now

Yesterday evening I was in the grocery store, after eating at Bob Evans. There was a nice looking family also buying groceries...husband, wife, three kids, and one baby in an infant seat fastened on the basket. I'm like everyone else, I take a quick glance at babies. Well, I had to say something about this one. He/she was so tiny, I asked how old. I don't know why I asked, I knew the approximate answer...four days!!! Now, I know this is going to show my age, but when my babies were four days old, we were still in the hospital! There is no way that baby, and especially the mother, should have been shopping for groceries. What was wrong with them? I know, atleast her husband was with her... Lord, thank you for this beautiful family. Help them to be wise in their activities. Give the mother rest for her body. Keep the baby well. Please draw this family to Yourself.

1 comment:

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I am always surprised at how quickly doctors and hospitals have new moms up and around.

Especially one with other little children at home.

Hopefully they were just doing a quick shopping trip so mom could go home and rest... hopefully. :)