Friday, August 22, 2008

Is it really Friday?

Where has this week gone? I can't believe it's Friday already! I've got to do some housecleaning today.
I'm helping Rob & Jessica with a silent auction on Sept. 13. This week I've gone to several businesses to ask for donations for the auction. It's kind of a scary thing to do but, hey, they can't do any worse than say NO! No one has said NO! I've gotten donations everywhere I've gone so far. PTL! Folks are very interested in the adoption and are very willing to help out. I have a couple more places to go to today. Next week I'll hit the streets again! Most businesses are giving gift certificates and that's okay. It's good for the auction and it's also good for the business because it'll get the people who buy the certificate into their business and, who knows, they might see something else they want to buy!
Last night I talked to Lorraine again for over an hour! I called her but because she has unlimited long distance she called me back and saved me some time on my calling card. We had a good visit. We always reminisce about our childhood. We always fill each other in on forgotten details. I'm always left with warm, fuzzy feelings!
We're looking into getting cable, which will give us cable TV, unlimited long distance phone, and Internet. But because I have a lap top computer it's complicated, and also because our TVs are old. Nothing is simple in this day and age.
My pastor is now a blogger! On my list of bloggers his is called Friday Thoughts. If you are interested just click on that and it will come up! Then you can add it to your favorites if you want.
Okay, it's time to get going for the day. I praise You, Heavenly Father, because You are Sovereign. Forgive me for taking You for granted. Thank You for Pastor Dave's blog. Thank You for the privelege of going to all these businesses to ask for donations. Help me to do my best. Help me to show a Christian spirit. Please guide Jerry and me as we look into getting cable. Give us wisdom. I love You, Lord.

No comments: