Monday, August 18, 2008

Let's have a visit!

I just want to visit this morning. I know it's going to be all one-sided...unless you, my readers, write comments!!!

I wrote a blog about making a mistake helping Sydney start her own blog. We did call her mom before we finalized it. Well, now I'm not sure it was a mistake. When she blurted out to Isabella, "No, I'm in Grandma's world now. I'm a blogger!" I thought, on no, what have I done? But now as I read her blogs I see that she's being able to write her thoughts and her emotions. That's a good thing. The bad part will be when she coaxes her dad to take her to the library so she check for comments and write a new blog! Other than that, I'm very proud of her. She asked me if it would be okay for her to end her blogs with a prayer the way I do. Yes, I'm very proud of her.

Last evening was small group meeting time. There were seven of us. Two brought dessert! We always have prayer, do a study and discussion on the pastor's sermons, take requests and pray again; that takes an hour or a little longer, then we have coffee, dessert and visit for as long as we want. We had a good discussion of the last two sermons from our pastor. Let me tell just about one thing. He gave us such a good word picture. Pastor Dave said if God was picking a team He'd pick me first, or you first! Then he told about how in grade school when his class played kick ball they would line up along the wall and the two captains would pick their teams. He was usually one of the last ones to be picked. We could all identify with this, but then he said, God would pick me or you first! Think about it! I don't understand how He could pick all of us first, but that doesn't matter, I don't have to understand. Just knowing He loves me enough to pick me first is so refreshing. And knowing that He loves you enough to pick you first tells me He's not partial. He loves us all...enough to die for us.

I got my feelings hurt the other day (I'm not going into detail here) but I had a hard time getting over it. I lost the joy. It's strange how some one's words and/or actions can turn a persons mood, outlook, actions, etc. I see now that I was looking only at myself. I was hurting but the person who caused the hurt wasn't suffering anything. That person wasn't even aware I was hurt. So what good did it do me to carry this hurt and resentment! I've given it to the Lord, my eyes are back on Him where they should have been all along. Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace.

1 comment:

carole said...

Funny that you should write about " picking sides for a team " as Sunday, Kari's pastor in the UP said " if he were picking teammates, he'd pick GOD first to be on his team.. then no one would want to even play against him... Carole