Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday morning

After taking a break from the interviews on Wednesday, yesterday I worked on writing. I'm almost done with both stories. I hope I can do them justice. It's a real privilege for me to get a glimpse into folk's lives. I can't print everything I'm told...some is just too personal. But what a privilege for Jerry and me to sit and listen to folks reminisce.

Last evening I visited with Lorraine on the phone. I miss her. We always have very long conversations, like at least an hour, usually longer. We laugh a lot! Sometimes we get very nostalgic and talk about our childhood. We both love dolls to this day and we both still have dolls! We both miss our dad so much. Sometimes we're very serious in our talking. We don't always agree but that's okay. We try to understand. I love you, Lorraine.

Today is another day. We're supposed to get severe thunder storms this afternoon. I've got to go to the store this morning. This evening we have an open house of a good friend to attend. I sure hope the weather clears up...

My Hibiscus plant is still putting out new flowers. One day this week it had eight big dark pink flowers blooming! I have another Hibiscus plant that hasn't had a flower on it in two years. Jerry has even told me to throw it away! How can I throw something away that is still living? Well...it now has at least two buds on it! I'll let you know when they bloom! I'm very excited about it!

I bought some little dolls to add to my international doll collection. My neighbor is having a garage sale. She has such nice things! Lots of dolls...I could go crazy but I absolutely can't. The dolls that I bought were an Amish boy and girl!; a Haitian girl; and a Canadian Native American.

I need to get going for the day. We've had breakfast, read our chapter for the day, and I can hear Jerry out pounding so I want to go check on whatever he's doing! Oh...he's splitting wood!

Lord, how can I thank You for all Your blessings to me and to us. Thank you for friends who are willing to share their life stories with us. Thank you for Lorraine. Thank you for my Hibiscus plants. Thank you for the blessings of my international doll collection. It serves as a reminder to me to pray for our friends around the world. Thank you for this day. Help us as we work and play and enjoy friends.

No comments: