Friday, July 04, 2008

Reading

Jerry and I are back reading together again. We stopped for the three weeks we had company. It's good to be back, it's very relaxing and yet very stimulating! We read after breakfast before we get going for the day. We're reading Backyard Dwellers, an Adventure of Freedom by David Kessler! It's an excellent book, especially for anyone bound by false guilt. David Kessler happens to be our senior pastor! I'm a backyard dweller!

I'm also reading through the Bible in a year. Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this. It's hard. I'm reading on line and check off each day so that helps me keep on track. There are three portions each day, starting out with the New Testament, then two from the Old Testament. I usually do this reading early in the morning.

For my own reading pleasure I'm reading a novel (for the second time) The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers. If you like a book with a different twist, here it is! It's a story of a young girl and her life in the mountains of Tennessee. Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors.

Thank you for Your Word. Your Word is Truth. Thank you for good books.

No comments: