Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I Can't Believe It!

I had some old friends, MaryAnne, Ruth Ann, and Kelby, stop by to visit. It was so good of them and we had such a nice visit. I say old friends because I’ve known them since the ‘70’s. However, they’re the ages of some of my children. I’m the one who is old! Well...not yet. I won’t be old until the end of October when I have my birthday! I’ll be reaching a turning point in my life this year! I can’t even believe I’ll be there. I remember the last turning point...50 years. I wasn’t supposed to turn 50! It was always off in the future. You know, kind of way ahead on the horizon. Always ahead of me but I would never quite get there...until one morning I woke up and there I was...50! So it’s going to happen again. Only this time it’s old age! How in the world did I get here? I don’t know. I can’t even believe it! Oh, I’m sure my children believe it! Probably my friends who stopped by to visit believe it. My grandchildren believe it! Heavenly Father, I praise You because You are Life. Thank You for giving me life. Thank You for giving me Eternal Life through Your Son, Christ Jesus! Help me to live my life pleasing to You. Please help my family, friends, neighbors, and others I meet here and there, to see Christ in me.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It is just a number and you are an amazing woman...always young at heart...and spirit...an amazing role model of us all...love to you