Thursday, September 28, 2006

Visitors

The other day a van pulled into our drive and two women came to our door. One of the women I recognized. Several other people were sitting in the van. The woman I recognized has been here many times. She always brings a different person in with her because she says she loves our house and wants to show her friends. Then she tells me she has some booklets for me to read. I take them. This time she said there were some good articles about the end times. She asked if I think the end is near. "Well," I said, "It could be." She told me to read in the third chapter of II Timothy and just see if it's isn't near. So I said okay I would and then I said to her, "And I'd like to suggest to you that you read the third chapter of the Gospel of John where Jesus tells Nicodemus that he must be born again. I'm a born again Christian and Jesus is alive within me!" Her answer was that I'd better be careful because Satan is going to and fro seeking whom he can devour. I said I know that and that's why I'm glad I have Jesus living in me! Then she began to try argue with me but I didn't say any more. I don't have to argue with anyone about Jesus. I know what I know. I do pray for her because she is being deceived and I know she'll be back. I always try to say something about Jesus and my relationship with God through Him every time she comes and she still comes back. God's Word will not return to Him void. I do admire her and the rest of the people waiting in the van for their courage and persistance in going to houses trying to convince people that they have the answer to all of our questions about life after death. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. I John 5:11-13.

No comments: