Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lorraine

I had a nice, long chat with my sister, Lorraine, last night. She's been home from Japan several days now but I wanted to give her time to get beyond the jet lag before I called her. She's getting rested up. I know how jet lag takes all the get-up-and-go right out of a person. I've been there and done that! :) She had a good time in Japan, saw lots and even got worn out, but she said it was all good and she's glad she went. There were some interesting cultural differences that she noticed. For one: Japan is the cleanest country, not a piece of litter anywhere. Two: Her daughter was singing in a concert and afterward the people clapped and clapped and clapped...Lorraine wanted to say stand up and get it over with! But no, there were no standing ovations, just clapping, clapping, clapping... Then when they were leaving the concert hall out the stage door, to their surprise, was a long line of people waiting to greet Christine and get her autograph! I'm sure Joe, Lorraine's grandson, has some interesting stories to tell his classmates. He had to keep a journal while he was there, as homework. I wonder what he wrote! He's about 8 years old. What an experience for a little boy!

No comments: