Thursday, September 28, 2006

Nature

I'm a nature lover but even I cross the line once in a while and say, "okay, we can do without that!" Living in the country we have all kinds of nature: deer, turkeys, foxes, coyotes, racoons, possoms, rabbits, etc. But last evening sitting in our living room I began to smell something that I have smelled before outside. I asked Jerry if he smelled a skunk and he said yes he did. All our windows and doors were closed and yet we could faintly detect a skunk! It had to be close by for the odor to invade our house! I turned on the porch light to see if it was on our porch! I didn't see anything. I opened the door just a crack and realized that was a stupid thing to do and quickly closed it again. I sprayed room deodorizer all over our house. This morning the odor was completely gone outside and inside. No trace of a skunk anywhere. I asked Rob if they smelled a skunk last evening and he said they did too. Well, like I said, We can do without that!!! Thank you very much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! you make me laugh, I can't beleave that you opened the door.

Anonymous said...

I know! I said it was stupid!