Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Club 56

Wednesday evenings are tough now because I'm no longer a part of Club 56. I was the teacher ever since it's beginning. Before that I taught the 4th & 5th grade class. Now I walk past their new room, peek inside and see all the kids and all the activity, and walk away. It hurts a little not to be a part of their lives anymore. But...last week something special happened! As I was leaving church one of the girls in Club 56 came to me, her eyes twinkling, and said, "Guess what?" Well, I had no idea so she told me. "I tried out for our play at school and I'M ANNIE!" I was very excited for her, but maybe even more for me because she sought me out to tell me her exciting news. I miss those kids and all their excitment and zest for life but she came to share with me! If we're here when the play is put on you can believe I'll be there for her!

No comments: