Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Time

I just took a walk around our yard and came in feeling really good. The snowball bush is going to have a lot of snowballs on it. The lilac bushes are looking good. Those two bushes get their flower buds the same time as the leaf buds! Tulips are coming right along...the ones the moles, etc. didn't eat. Rhubarb is coming! We'll have pie! Come on over! Well, it'll be a while yet...I've been told my rhubarb pies are really good!!! I pruned my Clematis and I was worried about them but I see tiny leaves coming so I didn't kill them! It looks like a flower bud on one of my Hibiscus plants! That's exciting. Thank you, Lord, for all the flowers of spring. The leaves are beginning to come out on the trees. It's wonderful to see life springing up. I praise You because You are our Creator.

2 comments:

ruth said...

Anita
I think we are kindred spirits:). I am constantly talking about flowers, plants and birds too. Their's just something incredible about each plant, each bird, they're all so unique and beautiful. Loved you pictures, someday I'll have to see your place in person. Your house looks so homey and cozy. Have a great day.
Love,
Ruth

Pastor Joy Ziegler said...

Isn't spring exciting? I love all the new growth spurting up through the ground. I have lots of buds on my rhotodendrun (spelling is off on that I'm sure) and we have been doing lots of planting around the house with perennials, since last year we were working diligently on the house and not landscaping. This year we will have grass and flowers and bushes and birds. I am looking forward to see if the 3 lady slippers show up again. Last year it was so amazing. They are beautiful! We also have blackberry bushes. Brian hopes for a good crop of them this year so he can have pie!

Spring/new life....is GREAT!