Sunday, April 20, 2008

Small Group

This evening was our small group time. It was a wonderful time of sharing with fellow Christians. There were nine of us today, one new person. In our group we discuss the sermon of last Sunday and today. Our pastor delivers such clear yet deep sermons and they affect each of us in our own area of need, so our discussions are always very good and meaningful. We are all in a different place in our Christian walk and all desire a closer walk with the Lord. Today's sermon was on Escape: Historical Bondage, Exodus 6:1-9. There are four cries from people who want to escape from bondage (1) escape from what is being used to destroy me. Genesis 45:15. (2) escape from what makes me ineffective. I Kings 19:9. (3) escape from what has been said about me. Matthew 9:34 & 13:15; John 7-8. Jesus didn't live down to what was said about Him! (4) escape from what has been done to me. II Samuel 13:17-20. No one has authority to take from me what God has placed in me! Here is the escaper's promise: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness". Jeremiah 31:3 Heavenly Father, I praise you because You are Sovereign and You are Love. Forgive me for ever doubting You. Thank you for Your Grace and Mercy. Help me to accept what You have done for me. All four of these cries for help to escape are cries from me. Even though You have set me free, there are times, in my humanity, when I falter... Help me to remember: The joy of the Lord is my strength. Jeremiah 8:10.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love Isaiah 40: I read and read that when my mother passed away.